WPSD-TV, virtual channel 6 (UHF digital channel 19), is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Paducah, Kentucky, United States, serving Western Kentucky's Jackson Purchase region, Southern Illinois, the Missouri Bootheel, northwest Tennessee, and far northeastern Arkansas. The station is owned by locally based Paxton Media Group. WPSD-TV's studios are located on Television Lane in Paducah, and its transmitter is located in Monkey's Eyebrow, Kentucky. On cable, the station is available on Comcast Xfinity channel 5, Mediacom channel 6, and Charter Spectrum channel 10, and in high definition on Xfinity digital channel 432, Mediacom digital channel 706, and Spectrum digital channel 785.
WPSD serves more than fifty counties in southeastern Missouri, southern Illinois, western Kentucky, and north Western Tennessee. Among the area's big three outlets, the station focuses more on Western Kentucky since it is based in Paducah. In addition to its main studios, WPSD operates a bureau on South Illinois Avenue in Downtown Carbondale.
Beginning in 2006, WPSD produced a nightly prime time newscast on Fox affiliate KBSI through a news share agreement, known as Local 6 at 9 on Fox 23 and featured a regional summary of headlines because KBSI is based in Cape Girardeau. For nearly eight years, the broadcast competed with KFVS' own nightly prime time news at 9 seen on the area's low-powered CW affiliates WQTV-LP/WQWQ-LP, which was cancelled on July 29, 2007. WPSD's partnership with KBSI expired on September 30, 2010. KBSI entered into a new partnership with KFVS presumably to refocus the prime time production to the Missouri Bootheel area and expand it to sixty minutes. On October 3, 2010, WPSD brought back its own newscast at 9 p.m. to its RTV and Antenna TV. Known as The Nine and seen every night for a half-hour, this was simulcast on those two services. WPSD's newscast at 9 p.m. has been cancelled as of 2019.
- News Picture (1960s–1973)
- NewsBeat '7X (1974–1977)
- NewsBeat (1977–1993)
- NewsChannel 6 (1993–1995)
- WPSD NewsChannel 6 (1995–2008)
- WPSD Local 6 (2008–present)
- TV-6 There, Be There (1983–1984; localized version of NBC ad campaign)
- TV-6, Let's All Be There
- Where the News Comes First
- WPSD Cares About You (1988–?)
- Working to Make a Difference (1990s–2008)
- Your Breaking News & Weather Authority (2008–present)
- Todd Faulkner - weeknights at 5:00, 6:00 & 10:00 p.m.
- Jennifer Horbelt - weeknights at 5:00, 6:00 & 10:00 p.m.
- Mike Mallory - weekday mornings and noon
- Brianna Clark - weekday mornings
- Thomas Capps - weekend mornings
- Shamarria Morrison - weekend evenings
- Trent Okerson - chief meteorologist
- Kaylee Bowers -
- Noah Bergren -
- Jeff Bidwell - sports director; weeknights at 6:00 and 10:00 p.m.
- Adam Wells -
- Temi Adeleye
- Abisola Adeyemo
- Pauline Fitzgerald
- Logan Gay
- Jack Kane
- Chris Yu
Notable former on-air staffEdit
- Sam Champion – now morning weathercaster at WABC-TV in New York
- Jason Lindsey – meteorologist and Hooked on Science host